Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Big expensive steps! Ups and downs

Well we have started things rolling! Paid the first half for the home-study and had our first meeting with our HS social worker. It went great. We have the actual home visit (2 hours or more) in two Sundays. We also sent in our International Adoption Services Agreement to our agency HOLT. I have been receiving information on two little boys we are interested in . I got a great update this week on a little 3 year old who had a brain bleed/stroke when he was a baby- that left him unable to use his right side, walk or talk. Since he has been in care (i think since last summer) he has regained movement, can run and walk and is beginning to talk!! I am so excited for him. He has a good sized grant which would really help out.
I also got my contract today for teaching next year- a plus. But I need to get another part time job for the summer. We will see...i am in super save mode and am a bit antsy that we arent doing enough. John used to tutor math/physics and he may go back to that on the side.
I need to renew my passport and pick up my medical documents, then get a statement from my bank and employer...then its on to immigration forms. I hope to have it all done by the end of the summer so we can submit it all at the end of September.
One of the guitar teachers here has already agreed to help with a fundraiser concert! woo hoo

No comments:

Post a Comment