Thursday, April 15, 2010

Peanut M & Ms and Mtn Dew are dangerous when mixed

I am having a weird sugar crash..... i ate dinner (gen tsos tofu and rice- xtra sauce!) and had a mt dew and peanut m & ms- yikes!
Lots of odds and ends to put together:
I am almost done with my autobiography for the home study
I have started the financial documentation
Got my divorce decree, birth certificate, gabe's immunization records, and marriage license.
I even attended a HOLT "webinar" for Adoption from Ethiopia!
Now john needs to get his documents down from the attic and we need to print the tax forms from online
THERE IS SO MUCH WORK AND RED TAPE AND I HAVENT EVEN GOTTEN TO THE "HARD STUFF" YET"!!

I look at the "waiting children" on Holt's WC page- and several others (i contacted several agencies who have waiting children programs)- i know its worth it.
I feel more giddy and excited about adopting than i do about having another biological child, than i do about my PhD. I just believe in adoption with all of my heart- and feel it is what we should do.
However i am just so daunted by the cost- and the raising money. I think John believes we will live in the stone age- i am changing phone plans, cable plans, and may pick up another job here very soon...a third!
However, i think our plans will be shot if i don't get a teaching contract next year- which is a possibility, even with my credentials and the adoration of my principle :)- so all the adoption dreams may be short lived :( Depending on if USC has adjunct positions and how much financial aid is available..... everything in my life feels like a risky variable a present

No comments:

Post a Comment