Friday, November 26, 2010

Whats in a name?

Well our little man S has a very Western name that was given to him by either the police officer or nuns at the Mother Theresa Care center. John and I have been debating and discussing if we are going to keep his name, which I think we will. However, he does not have an Ethiopian name as of yet - and we first thought nothing of it...we chose Micah as his middle name and felt fine with that.....until recently. The more we anticipate going to Ethiopia, the more we feel so excited about being connected to his culture. So today we have been looking at Ethiopian names and have come across Yohannes in honor of a wonderful 'hero" of education in Ethiopia and a one time political assylum refugee * check him out here http://www.cnn.com/search/?query=YohannesGebregeorgis&primaryType=mixed&sortBy=date&intl=false
This name also has a connection to John- which is my husbands name....so that may end up being his middle name!
Aside from thinking of names, I have also been thinking of babywearing...in this case- toddler wearing...and found this : This is what I want for xmas
I want the cool leaf/birdie print :)
This has been one of the main reasons I need a health update so I know how much this munchkin is weighing. This carrier goes up to 45 pounds- and my near 7 year old just broke 48 pounds...so i am thinking we can be safe with this one

No comments:

Post a Comment